Enjoying Christ as Life (5)
Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.
– 1 Corinthians 12:3
Suppose we wake up in the morning and simply feel down. There’s no need to remain in such a state. Instead, we should open the Bible and begin to call on the Lord’s name, even just a little (cf. Rom. 10:12–13 and 1 Cor. 12:3). We can call out from deep within our spirit, “Oh, Lord Jesus; Oh, Lord Jesus!”
We can also turn to the Bible and read one verse, and then call on the Lord again and pray for just a little while. Then we can read another verse and pray again, just a little. It doesn’t need to be long, perhaps just ten or twenty minutes, but soon we will be filled with Christ as our life
Adapted from Born Again: Our New Life in Christ,
by Titus Chu; pages 86-87.
Tomorrow: “Enjoying Christ as Life” (6)
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.