Attracted to Follow (8)
Then they called Rebekah and said to her, “Will you go with this man?” And she said, “I will go.”
– Genesis 24:58
Though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory.
– 1 Peter 1:8
It is God’s mercy for us if we respond to the Lord’s call as Rebekah did here! Others may think we are foolish for giving our lives to the Lord, but we would say, “I am willing to give everything to gain the best!” We give ourselves to the Lord because the Holy Spirit has revealed Him to us. He has shown us how rich Christ is and how worthy He is. When we see this, spontaneously we “count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ” (Phil. 3:8).
Adapted from A Sketch of Genesis,
by Titus Chu; pages 122-123.
Tomorrow: “Attracted to Follow” (9)
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.