The Servant’s Testimony (3)
“The Lord has greatly blessed my master, so that he has become rich; and He has given him flocks and herds, and silver and gold, and servants and maids, and camels and donkeys.”
– Genesis 24:35
The Holy Spirit never testifies for Himself. In the same way, we should not testify for ourselves. It would not have helped for the servant to say, “I am Abraham’s steward. Without me, Abraham cannot handle his properties.” Likewise, there is nothing attractive about our boasting of our Christian work. The Holy Spirit only testifies of the Father and the Son and attracts us to follow the Lord. Our testimony should be the same.
Adapted from A Sketch of Genesis,
by Titus Chu; page 119.
Tomorrow: “The Servant’s Testimony” (4)
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.