Appearing as Lights in the World (2)
Do all things without grumbling or disputing; so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world.
— Philippians 2:14–15
Because my children possess something of me, they testify of me in many ways. The Lord is blameless and pure, and we, as His children, shine as lights in the midst of this crooked and perverse generation. In other words, those in the dark world around us can see us living a marvelous life enjoying God’s full salvation. While others grasp at things and complain about their situations, we are able to see and experience Christ in all things.
Adapted from Philippians: That I May Gain Christ,
by Titus Chu; page 129.
Tomorrow: “Appearing as Lights in the World” (3)
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.