The Religious World (7)
Do not love the world nor the things in the world….For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from Father, but is from the world
– 1 John 2:15–16
All the world “lies in the power of the evil one” (1 John 5:19). All the power in the world is Satan’s to give to whomever he wishes (Luke 4:5–7). Everyone around us is making Satan their god, for he promises to provide for them (Jabal), to make them happy (Jubal), and to grant them protection and victory (Tubal-cain). These are the very things the Lord desires to be responsible for in our lives. Therefore, do not love the world, nor the things in the world (1 John 2:15).
Adapted from Philippians: That I May Gain Christ,
by Titus Chu; page 128.
Tomorrow: “Appearing as Lights in the World” (1)
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.