The Material World (1)
Do not love the world nor the things in the world….For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from Father, but is from the world
– 1 John 2:15–16
Satan uses the world to shape people’s hearts and lives so that they end up far from God and His intention. Right now Satan is looking at all the little children and planning a further development of the world to match them. We should not consider this a light matter. People created by God, bright with promise, become captured by professions and careers, a part of the material world. These bend them, taking them far from God’s intended goal. They do not develop according to all that is possible for them in God’s plan, but rather the potential of their human lives is funneled away by something vain.
Adapted from Philippians: That I May Gain Christ,
by Titus Chu; pages 126-127.
Tomorrow: “The Material World” (2)
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.