Fearing God (9)
He said, “Do not stretch out your hand against the lad, and do nothing to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”
– Genesis 22:12
Abraham could have said, “It seems that I have wasted my whole life. All the experiences of one hundred years seem to be in vain. However, Lord I thank You. You have appeared to me so many times and given me so many experiences. Now I fear You, I worship You, and I love You. I know You are God.” The experience of the called ones is that they only gain God Himself.
Adapted from A Sketch of Genesis,
by Titus Chu; page 115.
Tomorrow: “Fearing God” (10)
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.