A Mature Coworker of God (1)
Now the Lord appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, while he was sitting at the tent door in the heat of the day. When he lifted up his eyes and looked, behold, three men were standing opposite him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them and bowed himself to the earth.
– Genesis 18:1-2
Genesis 18 tells us a precious story that is related Abraham’s nephew Lot. At that time Lot lived in Sodom, the city of sin. The Lord and two of His angels appeared to Abraham by the oaks of Mamre (vv. 1–2). When Abraham saw them, he invited them to rest and prepared food for them. The two angels left, but Abraham continued to stand before God.
Adapted from A Sketch of Genesis,
by Titus Chu; page 111.
Tomorrow: “A Mature Coworker of God” (2)
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.