The Reality of Faith (5)
Without becoming weak in faith he contemplated his own body, now as good as dead since he was about a hundred years old, and the deadness of Sarah’s womb.
– Romans 4:19
If we still have many plans, ways, and considerations, and if we still spend so much time asking for God’s blessing on our Christian work, we have not reached the point yet where we know ourselves and our real situation. We must come to the place where we can say, “I have nothing. It is Your mercy I am here. It seems that there is no way for Your promise to be fulfilled. But because of Your mercy I cannot leave You.” Then the Lord may have a way with us.
Adapted from A Sketch of Genesis,
by Titus Chu; pages 110-111.
Tomorrow: “The Reality of Faith” (6)
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.