The Reality of Faith (2)
Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Will a child be born to a man one hundred years old? And will Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?”
– Genesis 17:17
We only need God Himself. May the Lord have mercy on us so that we are not able to give up on the Lord or try to accomplish on our own what He has committed to us. We dare not say we can or cannot do it. We can only bow down and sigh, “I need Your mercy, Lord.” We cannot believe, but we cannot leave, either. This is the reality of faith.
Adapted from A Sketch of Genesis,
by Titus Chu; page 110.
Tomorrow: “The Reality of Faith” (3)
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.