The Works of the Flesh (4)
But what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the bondwoman and her son, For the son of the bondwoman shall not be an heir with the son of the free woman.”
– Galatians 4:30
If we carry out a Christian work according to our own strength, eventually this will become a frustration to the true work of the Spirit. “As at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so it is now also” (v. 29).
We need God’s promise and free grace so that we can become spiritual, without any impure motive. He enables us to face everything in the spirit by faith. We don’t want Eliezer or Ishmael. We need the Lord’s mercy so that we become a true Isaac, simple and reliant only on God.
Adapted from A Sketch of Genesis,
by Titus Chu; page 107.
Monday: “Isaac—Born of the Spirit”
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.