The Works of the Flesh (3)
But what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the bondwoman and her son, For the son of the bondwoman shall not be an heir with the son of the free woman.”
– Galatians 4:30
Abraham got rid of the flesh by being circumcised and, once Isaac was born and weaned, by casting out Ishmael. The way to gain God is simple—live and walk in the Spirit (Gal. 5:25). If we do this, God will give us an environment to get rid of our flesh. He will give us the strength to “cast out the bondwoman [Hagar] and her son [Ishmael]” (4:30).
Adapted from A Sketch of Genesis,
by Titus Chu; pages 106-107.
Tomorrow: “The Works of the Flesh” (4)
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.