The Process of Gaining God (2)
Then behold, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, “This man will not be your heir; but one who will come forth from your own body, he shall be your heir.”
– Genesis 15:4
Since Sarah was so old and barren, she thought it was impossible for this promise to be fulfilled through her, so she told Abraham to take her maid, Hagar, and have a son through her (16:2). Abraham listened to his wife and produced Ishmael (v. 15). When God again appeared, Abraham said to Him, “Oh that Ishmael might live before You!” (17:18). God answered, “No, but Sarah your wife will bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac” (v. 19).
Adapted from A Sketch of Genesis,
by Titus Chu; page 105.
Tomorrow: “The Process of Gaining God” (3)
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.