A Smoking Furnace and a Flaming Torch (7)
“I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth.”
– Revelation 3:15–16
The Lord wants us to be in one extreme or another—cold or hot. If we are hot, we are full of feeling, zealous for the Lord, loving and pursuing Him. If we are cold, we are also full of feeling, realizing our need to come back to the Lord. However, if we are lukewarm, we are religious and make no trouble, but experience no growth. This is offensive to the Lord. We need the experience of both the torch and the furnace for the Lord to deal with us and mold us into useful vessels. Through this process, we also begin to know who God really is.
Adapted from A Sketch of Genesis,
by Titus Chu; page 104.
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.