God as Our Unique Portion (7)
“The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham…and said to him, ‘Leave your country and your relatives, and come into the land that I will show you.’”
– Acts 7:2-3
God’s desire is the church. It is the center of His will. Although we are for the church, it is not in our hands. God’s promise, appearing, calling, and leading are all for the church. Just as Abraham walked through the land which didn’t belong to him, we live in the church life, yet the church is not a work or possession in our hands.
With this understanding we can declare, “Lord, I can gain nothing but You in my life. You are my only reward. I am willing to give everything for the church but I don’t need to have any position in the church. The church is not my work. Although I am willing to give my life for the church, the church is not under my control. It belongs to You.” This lesson is not easy to learn.
Adapted from A Sketch of Genesis,
by Titus Chu; page 102.
Tomorrow: “God as Our Unique Portion” (8)
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.