Our Shield and Reward (1)
“Walk before Me and be blameless”
– Genesis 17:1
God was Abraham’s portion, and He is also our portion as His called ones. The gaining of God as the called ones’ portion has a principle, a process, a manifestation, and a result.
There is a principle to the gaining of God. If we live according to this principle, we will be in the right position to gain God as our portion. Otherwise, it is easy for us to fall into religion, substituting our own concepts for the reality of God Himself as our portion. According to the experience of Abraham, the first item of this principle is to know God as our shield and reward.
Adapted from A Sketch of Genesis,
by Titus Chu; page 97.
Tomorrow: “Our Shield and Reward” (2)
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.