What a Prophet Must See
To speak on behalf of the Lord is a great matter. God always works by speaking, and thus to carry out what He desires to do He must have those who can work with Him in this way. However, if we desire to be prophets who can speak for the Lord we must first see a number of visions concerning God and His economy.
Prophets are the spiritual strength of a local church. The vision of the prophets will determine how their local church will go on. Don’t think that this is a light thing, for it is very easy to deviate from what has been committed to us by the Lord. Therefore, if you wish to exercise as a prophet in your local church, the first thing I would say to you is that you must be a spiritual person who is under a controlling vision. For this, you must be a spiritual man, for your vision cannot be kept by any other means. You cannot by your natural strength guard such a vision. If your vision is not clear, sooner or later the church or churches you serve will become something “other.” Your vision is the controlling element for your life-long operation.
— Page 3
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.