Series: The Secret of Serving the Lord as a Seed
Immediately after speaking of Himself as a grain of wheat, the Lord went on to speak of how, if we desire to serve Him, we must follow Him (John 12:26). This shows us that if we truly desire to serve the Lord, we must also become “seeds” that fall into the ground and die.
There are two aspects to the secret of being a “seed” for an effective operation. On one hand, we ourselves are a “seed,” which means we are good for nothing but burial. The principle of being a seed is for us to be hidden, to be full of life, and to be ready to grow and bear fruit. This is to live the life of the Lord Jesus, who considered Himself as a seed (John 12:24). On the other hand, how do we become such a seed? We must realize that the Lord Himself is the seed within us, and we must give Him the proper way to grow.
—Message One, page 1.
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.