The Living Needed for the Church Life in a Proper and Healthy Local Church
For our living in the local church life to be healthy we must have some basic items. First, we must be on the local ground. Second, we must have the fellowship of the Body of Christ. Third, we must have a healthy teaching. We must also have a proper humanity, a proper living, and we must have a way for the gifts in the Body of Christ to come forth among us. Finally, we must walk in love, even as Christ also loved us.
Ephesians 4:1 says, “I beseech you therefore, I, the prisoner in the Lord, to walk worthily of the calling with which you were called.” This refers to something related to our life. What should characterize this life? He continues, “With all lowliness and meekness, with long-suffering, bearing one another in love.” The Apostle Paul gives us the key. What is the secret of the church life? The secret of the church life is this: concerning yourself, be low; concerning the saints, be meek; and concerning the growth of the saints, be long-suffering. These three matters are crucial.
Note: The date and source of this article are not known.
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.