Our Experience of the Acacia Wood
The structure of the Tabernacle in the Old Testament was formed with boards made from acacia wood and overlaid with gold. This is a picture showing us that for a healthy church life we need to have both an uplifted humanity, signified by the wood, and the expression of the divine nature, signified by the gold. It is not right to try to have only the divine expression without a solid experience of the Lord’s humanity.
For example, we may testify in the meetings concerning the divine things, but if there is no humanity to support such a testimony the value will be quite limited. Both for our own experience and for the building up of the church the proper humanity is vital.
We must take care of our humanity. It doesn’t matter how much God works if there is not the proper humanity to stand upon. On one hand, we realize that our humanity is from God Himself. He made us what we are. He gave us our talents and capability. But still we have to realize that unless we are the boards made out of the proper wood, there is nothing for the gold to stand upon. Nothing spiritual will work if the humanity has problems.
Note: The date and source of this article is not known.
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.