The Quest for Peace
Everyone today desires to have peace, but it seems that true peace still eludes us. This is because we define peace as the world does and seek for it in the form of happiness, rest, or security. In fact, the real peace is God Himself, and He surely desires to give us Himself as our peace.
Why do we find peace so elusive? The answer is painfully simple. It is because we only understand the peace as the world defines it. We only seek the peace the world advertises. Even if we do ask God for peace, we still ask for the world’s definition of peace. This is the same reason the Lord wept over Jerusalem. Now He even weeps over us. He desires to give peace. But He finds few takers.
— Page 2
Note: The date and source of this article are not known.
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.