The Meaning of Marriage
The marriage relationship between a man and a woman is actually a picture that shows us how God wants man to relate to Him. It shows us that God does not want to be alone in this universe; rather, He wants to have man as His companion.
God, the Creator of the universe, made a declaration: “It is not good for man to be alone” (Gen. 2:18). This is not just referring to man. This verse also talks about God Himself. God was declaring, “It is not good for Me, the unique God, the universal God, the ‘I am that I am,’ the One without beginning and without ending, the all-sufficient One, the all-powerful, all-wise One, to be alone. I am a lonely God. This is why I created man.”
— Page 1
Note: The date and source of this article are not known.
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.