God is Light
As fallen human beings, we are all in darkness. However, the Bible tells us that God is light! (1 John 1:5). We cannot change our behavior by our own effort, but we can open to receive the One who is light into our being, who can set us free from all of our sin and darkness.
In all of God’s doings there is nothing of darkness, craftiness, crookedness, or impurity; rather, with God everything is pure, honest, straightforward, and righteous. We can put our full trust in Him, because with God everything is done in the light. On the other hand, among human beings, few things are done in the principle of light!…
Now consider your own situation. How do you know you are apart from God? You know because so many of your personal affairs are conducted in a hidden manner, in dishonesty and darkness. For example, you may keep your dealings with people on a very pleasant, superficial level, never disclosing the many criticisms and judgments of them that are actually in your heart.
— Page 2
Note: The date and source of this article are not known.
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.