#63 • Vision Week, December 2016 • Excerpt 16 • “Appearing Before the Lord for a Genuine Church Life” (1)
In our program for the next few weeks we will be replaying the final message of the most recent winter training. This is because Brother Titus was very burdened that the saints would enter into what he shared in this message, which really summarized his burden from the entire training.
We need to explain that, at a number of points our brother speaks of our being “in here” or “outside.” He is referring to a diagram of the tabernacle, together with the outer court, that was projected on the wall behind him. He had used this diagram throughout the training to encourage us to not remain in the outer court, in so many activities on the Lord’s behalf, but rather to press on to enter into the actual tabernacle where we can experience Christ Himself directly. So when he’s saying “we are in here” or “out here,” he’s using this diagram to illustrate where we are in terms of our spiritual experience. As he explains in the message, if we remain in the outer court, our work for the Lord will be in the realm of our own effort, but if we enter into the tabernacle, it becomes the normal outflow of our experience of life.
This program has been edited to remove personal and private references.
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.