#16. Our Divine Commitment According to God’s Eternal Purpose • Message 2
God cares only for Christ, and Christ cares only for His Body, the church, which is practically expressed in the local churches. In this message, Brother Titus considers how we can know whether a local church is genuinely standing for the testimony of Christ, or standing instead on some sectarian ground. We should ask, first, is the Spirit the authority of that local church? Second, is the church there inclusive or exclusive? And finally, is Christ the content of that church?
In this conference Brother Titus’ burden was to remind us that, as believers in Christ individually and as the churches of Christ corporately, we should only care for and exhibit Christ Himself. How wonderful is this divine commitment!
Submit a Public Comment on this Post
- All comments are "moderated," i.e., they need to be approved by the website administrator before they will be displayed on the site.
- For a comment to be accepted you must provide a valid email address.
- In some cases we may ask you to revise your comment and re-submit it.
- While many blogs use comments to provide a forum for discussion, our intention for the comments on this blog is that they would help visitors better understand the ministry presented on this site and consider how they might benefit from it.
- For example, if you are commenting on one of brother Titus' books, some questions to consider might be: What particular help did you receive from this book? How did the Lord touch you as you were reading it or how did it help you profit from a particular spiritual experience you were going through?
- It is better to be specific, rather than just to say in general that you received some help. However, comments should not be overly personal in nature.
|Use the form below to add a public
comment that will be displayed under this post.
|Note: If you want to send us a
private comment, don't use this form. Instead, click on the
envelope to the right to go to our "Contact" page.